Karachi Neighborhood Improvement Project (Project Implementation Unit) Planning & Development Department
Government of Sindh
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI) – SELECTION OF CONSULTANTS
Name of country: Project:
Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Reference Number: Assignment of Title:
Karachi Neighborhood Improvement Project (KNIP) PK-KNIP-340392-CS-CQS
“Consultancy Services for Operations, Maintenance & Long-term Sustainability of Selected Public Spaces / Infrastructure Projects
Developed Under KNIP” 22nd February, 2023
1. The Government of Sindh has received credit through EAD, Govt. of Pakistan from the International Development Association and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for Karachi Neighborhood Improvement Project (KNIP) to perform the consulting services.
2. The required consulting services namely “Consultancy Services for Operations, Maintenance & Long-term Sustainability of Selected Public Spaces / Infrastructure Projects Developed Under KNIP” (the Services) under the project, will cover but not limited to the scope of work mentioned in the Terms of Reference.
3. Terms of Reference for this consultancy service are available on our website www.knip.gos.pk or can be
requested via email.
4. The Project Implementation Unit, Karachi Neighborhood Improvement Project, Planning and Development Department, Government of Sindh now invites consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the required services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have got the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listing criteria has been mentioned in the Terms of Reference.
5. Total time-frame of this assignment is 3 months. The services are expected to start from March 2023.
6. The attention of interested Consultants / Academic or Research Institutions is drawn to Clause 3.16 and 3.17 Section III of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers of July 2016 (revised in Nov 2017, August 2018, & Nov 2020) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on Conflict of Interest.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant’s Qualifications Based Selection (CQS) method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers of July 2016 (revised in Nov 2017, August 2018 & Nov 2020).
8. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours.
9. Expression of Interest with all relevant documents and proof of qualification must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person or by courier) by 10th March, 2023.
Karachi Neighborhood improvement Project (KNIP), Project Implementation Unit (PIU), Planning & Development (P&D) Department, Government of Sindh Bungalow #. C-49, Block-2 Scheme No.5, Clifton Karachi.
Email: pdknip @knip.gos.pk
Leave a Reply