The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan
OPPORTUNITY TO EXCEL WITH A PRESTIGIOUS ORGANIZATION DIRECTOR-QUALITY ASSURANCE (KARACHI)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) is an autonomous body established under
Chartered Accountants Ordinance, 1961
The Role: The position will be responsible for periodic Quality Control Reviews (QCR) of firms that provide audit, assurance or related services in accordance with the Quality Control Review Framework, 2019. The candidate will be a member of the Institute’s Senior leadership team and will report functionally to the Chair of the Quality Assurance Board (QAB) and administratively to the Secretary of the Institute.
• Lead the team in conducting the Quality Control Review (QCR) in accordance with set policies and procedures with the objectives to ensure that firms carry out Audit in accordance with International Standards on Auditing, relevant ethical requirements as applicable in Pakistan and ensure the system of quality control has been appropriately designed and implemented.
• Assist in preparation and finalization of the Agenda for Quality Assurance Board (QAB) meetings.
• Represent the Directorate at the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, State Bank, Pakistan Stock Exchange, Audit Oversight Board and Appellate Forums.
• Conduct review of financial statements.
• Preparation and finalization of QCR reports.
• Develop and lead the team, plan and prioritize set objectives, conduct appraisals and provide support for continuous improvement in their performance.
• Prepare QAB Annual Report within timelines.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
The candidate should be a Fellow Member of the
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan.
• Minimum 10 years of experience, preferably with 5 years post-qualification experience of working in audit firms.
He/She should have good technical knowledge of ISAS (International Standards on Auditing), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and corporate law and other laws related to audit.
He/She should possess excellent articulation, analytical thinking and report writing skills.
The position offers good career progression and prospects in this unique field of quality assurance both locally and globally with an attractive compensation package and a professional work environment. The compensation package would depend on the candidate’s profile and includes benefits such as Group Health and Life Insurance, Provident Fund and Car allowance. The package may be negotiated depending upon the credential and experience of the candidate.
The interested candidates may apply online through http://career.icap.org.pk
latest by November 13, 2022
Leave a Reply